Friday, February 18, 2011

Dedicated to Stephen...Happy (late) Vday Baby!

Stephen and I met about six years ago. We were actually set up through some mutual friends who were convinced that we would fall in love, get married, and make lots of babies together...smart friends, huh?! (Not that we're to the "lots of babies" part quite yet, but we think that a kid with as much energy as Syd should qualify as more than one.)

Anyway, Stephen was nothing like the other guys I had ever dated, so it took me a while to trust that he was for real. Once I learned that with him, what you see is what you get, I was desperately in love. By the time we'd been dating for a year, I was close-to-begging him to marry me. Sounds sad, I know, but I couldn't stop thinking about how sad I would be if I ever lost him. It took him two years longer to do it, but he did eventually ask me to marry him on December 25, 2007. Yay!! I was (and still am) the most happy girl on the planet.

For those of you who have met my husband, you know that he is not quite as much of the tell-all, make-friends-with-everyone-at-all-times type of a person as I am. It takes a while to get to know him, and he does not open up to everyone. I am proud to say I know him well. Here are a few reasons why I love Stephen John Camera...

He makes me coffee every morning. It's waiting for me in the kitchen when I wake up so that I never have to wait more than 30 seconds after rolling out of bed to get a cup. And if he's still home, he makes a point to pour me a cup in one of the mugs that I actually like (which, for all of you mug people out there, you know makes a HUGE difference.)

He "tucks me in"...I hate rumpled covers, so when I get in bed he fluffs and smooths the sheets and comforter over me so they're just right.

He is the most amazing daddy on the planet. I love that he plays with her constantly. She squeals and says, "dadda, dadda" when he comes home from work, anticipating lots of wrestling and chasing time. Most of all though, I love that I can be confident he will protect her at all times to the best of his ability.

I love that he is extra conservative about certain things, especially when it comes to raising Sydney.

I love that he loves my family. He'll ask me often, "have you talked to your mom lately? dad? brother? sister?" He's just as excited to see them as I am when we make trips up to Washington.

I love that he has a different, less emotional perspective on things than I do. He can speak a word of wisdom into a situation I'm stressing over that makes it seem so much less of an issue.

I love that I have never had to worry about him flirting (not even kinda flirting) with other women. It is clear that he is a one-woman man.

I love that he has no concept of time (don't push my buttons and take this too far babe!) It does drive me nuts that he never knows what time it is, or how long we have to get ready before we have to leave to go somewhere, but I love that it has made me a bit more relaxed and less time-oriented. Stephen is great at living in the moment.

I love that he is the most patient person I know. He is even patient with my impatience :)

I love that he always wants to be with me, whether it's a ride to the grocery store, a special date, or just sitting around on the couch. I have never doubted that he wants me around!

I love that he tells me he loves me at least 10x a day.

I love that he cannot tell a lie. A man with integrity is the most attractive thing on the planet!!!



I could go on and on, but I've been trying to get this post out for the past four days, so I'm going to quit now :)

To my sweet husband...I love you more than peanut butter, and dark chocolate, and Grey's Anatomy, and Hawaii, and red wine.


xoxo,

Shmoe



1 comment: